CIO welcomes current fellows in training and residents for an opportunity to participate in the Resident & Fellow Activity Scholarship, which provides tuition assistance for the 2021 Symposium on Clinical Interventional Oncology (CIO).
This scholarship includes complimentary registration for the meeting and a $400 travel stipend provided in the form of a US check onsite at the meeting.
New for this year, CIO 2021 also offers 2 free hotel nights at the Loews Miami Beach to be used during your conference stay! Book and provide payment for your room at the hotel, sign in at the meeting each day, and we'll apply a credit for up to 2 hotel room nights directly to your hotel room bill. Note: This only applies for rooms booked at the Loews Miami Beach.
Eligibility for Scholarships
To be considered for a scholarship you will be required to:
Be enrolled in an accredited resident or fellowship program at the time of the meeting in October 2021
Submit a signed letter on letterhead from your program director confirming your status as a current resident or fellow in October 2021
Complete the application form
If accepted as a scholarship recipient, you will be required to:
Attend the entire meeting from Friday, October 22–Sunday, October 24, 2021, including any events designated as required for scholarship recipients. These events will be outlined on this webpage and communicated to you upon notification of scholarship acceptance
Complete a brief survey post-activity
Click Here to submit your application.
- You will receive confirmation of your submission via email immediately
- You will then receive notification of your scholarship status via email within approximately 1 month after your submission
- Once approved to receive a scholarship, a special registration code with which you can register for CIO at no charge will be provided via email. This registration code will be good for new registrations only
Applications will continue to be accepted until all spots are filled. A wait list will also be started. Please see below for approximate notification timelines.
- May 21: Application Portal is now open
- May 21–August 13: Applicants notified of acceptance on a rolling basis. Wait listed applicants will be notified as well
- August 13: Registration Deadline — If you have been accepted for a scholarship and have not registered for CIO by August 13, your scholarship will be forfeited and offered to someone on the wait list
- August 27: Registration Cancellation Deadline — Cancellation requests must be received no later than August 27, 2021. Please email your cancellation request to Caitlin Eastman at email@example.com
The activity honorarium for residents and fellows may be subsidized by educational grants from Industry. More information to follow on supporting organizations.
For information regarding educational grant support opportunities, please contact Colleen Waters at firstname.lastname@example.org or 609.630.6203.